A bit different…

While waiting on my new tools to arrive, I got some work done on the Serpent Express Trailer. I dont know how much I’ll use it once the car is done, but its nice to have in case I want to do some traveling with the Boss.

I wired up and installed 3 additional LEDs to the back. The side units are bolted to the steel uprights inside, while the center is just bolted to the fabric. I used a 1/8″ thick strip of aluminum inside to back it up. Couldn’t mount it higher on the steel tubing because the joints were in the way.

Running lights on.

The center light has the turn signal segments separated, while I wired the side lights to flash the entire unit for each individual signal.

Well, I have a video of the lights working, but it appears I can’t post it in my blog… doesn’t recognize the mpeg format. I’ll work on that.

Anyways, the other thing was to install a factory Ford Trailer Brake Controller on my F150. This is a sweet unit, as once the ECU is updated, it not only controls trailer braking, but displays its settings on the trucks central display. It also integrates with sway control, anti lock brakes and some other obscure functions. Expensive, but the best way to go.

Got some more trailer work planned for later… standby, and thanks for reading.