Have been using some of this time to fix or change a few things, like the lights I recently posted.
I never really liked how I did the heated seats. I had placed the heaters between the foam and frame, with a layer of insulation between the heater and frame. When trying them, I found they did not get very warm, and my thought is that the heater was heating the frame more than the person due to the thick seat foam and that the heater was much closer (actually glued to) the thin insulation and the seat frame.
So… I tore em apart! At first I was removing the entire cushion, but it’s glued in pretty well. So I decided to mark the heater positions and then carefully cut the foam out with a very sharp blade. Very careful not to cut the seat cover. These things aint cheap.
I then used some 3M 77 spray glue and glued the heaters into the seats. This is as close as I can get them to the person.
Proceeded to glue the foam back into place. I used some tapes to help hold them in place while the glue dried.
On the second seat, I cut all the space needed for the heaters, not removing any more than I had to. With this seat, I used some very strong double sided cloth carpet tape. I taped the heaters into place, then taped the foam back into place.
I got everything back together, sat in each seat to make sure there was no lumpy foam or a heater had folded underneath. Felt very good and exactly how I want to feel in the Boss. Comfy but secure.
Now its just 2 seats, ready to keep their riders warm, but still looking for a home…
Hey Followers. Thanks for sticking in there. Believe me, this waiting game is getting hard on me.
Talked to Jeff at Whitby on June 11. He said we are shooting color in about another 2 weeks. This is the first place you’ll see the pics, if I get any, so check back about June 25! I hope…
If you’ll remember, I installed reflector LED headlights from Watson Streetworx a while back. Well, that design is at least 5 years old and there’s been an amazing amount of improvements in LED lighting since then. After doing a LOT of research and reading and asking questions, I’ve decided to upgrade to a set of JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J2 LED projector headlights. These are not cheap, but they are American made, DOT legal, and some of the best and most desirable projector LED headlights available. All reports say they have fantastic beam design, light output, hot spot and reliability.
I got them in 2 days off Amazon, and they fit the F5 buckets, mount rings and trim rings like a glove. Had to cut off their wiring plug, install an extension, then install my 4-pin Weatherpack connectors.
Now some may think that this look doesn’t belong on a Cobra. Maybe not. Maybe it’s too ‘ricer’ for some. I think it will look great, right along with my non-Halibrand copied wheels, my hi back racing seats and my dual roll bars.
I’ll write back soon as there’s some news…
Few things have happened
I have fixed a small coolant leak at the heater select valve, and replaced the power steering pump with a unit that is setup and dyno’d for flow and pressure to match the Fox Mustang steering rack. Also has a reservoir mounted right to the side of the pump for excellent fluid supply.