Another frustrating day

So I went back to trying to polish the roll bars. I stopped by ACE Hardware and bought a rubber pad for my drill with 3 packs of stick-on paper…

It was nice to have the speed, and this appeared it would work, but I was only sanding a strip about 1/8″ wide at a time. And sometime it would chatter across the work, creating spots where the sanding didnt work then it dug in too deep. Also, the big pad with my drill was almost impossible to get into the tight spots.

Gave up in frustration. Checked the internet, read some articles, and found that the pros are using what is called a tubing sander. They use it primarily for stainless handrails, which is exactly what I need. Did some searching and found this unit on Amazon with some pretty good reviews. It will be here early next week… I’ll let ya know what happens. In the meantime, I’ll figure out a way to secure the roill bars to my workbench.

Worked on my foglights a bit. You’ll remember this is the set I got from the manufacturer as it was their final proving set. The glass lenses have fogged a little bit, but I’m going to work on seeing if those will polish out, too. So I cleaned and painted the bracketry flat black…

Then installed the stainless grill in the center…

Then installed the lights.

You can see a bit of how the lenses aren’t perfectly clear, but thats OK… I got a $300 part for $50. I can afford to replace the lights with something different if I want to.

You can see the LED bulbs I installed, as everything on my car is LED. From Superbright LED, the unit on the left is a 27 piece H3 unit, made for fog lights, and on the right is a blue 5 piece that replaced the little 194 that was in there. Not sure how I will power the blue one yet… maybe tie it in to my parking lights. Hopefully the blue will go with a few blue accents I’ve incorporated into the car.

Once again, thanks for sticking with me. Back soon…