I had set the driveshaft alignment earlier in the build, but I never felt very good about it and wanted to revisit this. So I spent some time researching last night and I got it. What I’m looking for is to have the rear 1* below parallel with the transmission. I also need the 2 ujoints to be within 1* or less of each other, and no ujoint to be over 3* itself.
It tooka few hours, but I got the rear axle pointing down 1.1* from the trans, with the front ujoint at .2* and the aft ujoint at .7*. Not perfect, but right there. It’ll work. All this required lifting the rear of the trans 1-1/8 inch with a spacer.
Thats done. I installed the Metco driveshaft safety loop thats been in the garage for about a year. Nice piece, and I believe it will stop the bad stuff from hurting, should the front ujoint decide to fail.
I checked the rear axle cover bolts due to a little drip that had developed, found they were barely hand-tight. Torqued em down to 25 ft/lbs and good to go.
Did some interior carpeting work, but didnt get to finish. Complete pics tomorrow, but here’s a teaser…
Hope everyone’s enjoying spring!!