still truckin…

Not a lot to report this week. Work was really busy and kept me from spending much time in the garage.

First up is my tires arrived! Nitto NT05 sizes 315/35-17 rear and 255/45-17 front. This should help me keep the Boss planted. Those rear tires are 12.5″ wide.

Started working on the heater. There’s a few things that bother me about it. Mostly that the halves mount through the firewall with simple self tapping screws threaded into plastic. Not the ticket to last a long time. So I made some strips to go inside the housing that I mounted rivnuts to. Used some high grade silicone adhesive and secured the strips in place. Now when I go to mount the heater, it will be much more secure.

The 6 slotted head screws will be button head stainless when installed. The 2 tek screws are just to help hold the strips in place while the adhesive sets.

Worked a bunch on the rear sheetmetal. Had to run the rear wiring harness and install a dropped trunk floor before I could start closing it up. The stock trunk floor is just flat. This adds a few cubic feet to be able to carry a bit more stuff. Also, over on the right, there was a small access panel to gt to the fuel line connections. Not very big, though. I cut it out and made a panel to cover it up. Nice and big access now.

All this aluminum takes time. Each piece has to be fitted, marked, removed, drilled, deburred, reinstalled then drill again into whatever it mounts to (another sheet or framework), removed, all the chips cleaned up, deburr again, then siliconed and riveted.

Installed the remainder of the trunk and rear aluminum. Once that was all done, finally got to install the rear bulkhead. What you’re looking at here is 12 pieces of aluminum, all siliconed and riveted together.

This about does it for the big aluminum pieces. I wont be working on the car this week due to some work commitments, but I’ll get at least 1 day in this coming weekend. Might start doing some electrical mods to the rear lights. Will do another update then!