More seat work

You know I got the seat heaters installed, but at this point the heater wires were just hanging out of the side belt holes. More work to do.

I drilled a 1″ hole in the back inner corner of the seat for the wiring to come out. Had to get special grommets because of the 1/8″ thickness of the aluminum. I then installed the seat heater switches in the trans tunnel cover and used some Adel clamps to attach the wiring bundle with the relay to the back of the seat.

After this, I was able to get the seat mounts installed, set the seats in place and installed the seat belts. I was finally able to actually sit in my car!!

Since the pic was taken, I used a very sharp, new single edged razor blade to cut the threads and remove the badges from the belts. Looks much better. I am using RCI Platinum series 6 point harnesses, modified to 5 point. I chose to use these over the factory supplied Simpson harnesses simply because of the color and that the RCI’s use a camloc latching system. I like it.

Seats are set in place, belts are bolted in, adjusted and secure and the seat heaters are installed and working. Getting closer to playing go-cart….