7/30 update

Been pretty busy this week. Got the new switch panel all wired up to a set of Molex connectors and did the same with the dash wiring. This will allow for easy disconnect and maintenance in the future, should a switch fail or a wire break.

I cut a 3″ slot in my dash undertray for the wiring to pass through. I will also use this to run the tail wiring into the trans tunnel, instead of through the firewall as F5 would have you doing. That keeps me to only 2 large holes for wiring in the firewall.

See my previous post about totally screwing up the mechanical throttle. I got some new thick-walled aluminum tubing and redrilled the firewall for the crossbar mounts. I made them as low as they could possibly go, right up against the 2×2 frame that supports the firewall. This allowed me to rotate the bellcranks up and allowed a much better operating angle. It looks better, feels better and fits inside the drivers footbox. Still using the RH/LH threaded balljoints so it’s easy to make adjustments down the road… just loosen the locknuts and turn the tube. I’ll get some panel plugs from Lowes and paint em gray… hoping that will cover the holes enough so nobody notices. If that doesnt work, I’ll put some nice stainless screws in the holes so they appear to do something.  😉

Next is to finish up some loose ends on heater plumbing, fuel line clamps, more bleeding of the rear brakes, service the hydraulic clutch, work on parking brakes… then I’ll get back to the gauges, dash and engine wiring.

Hope everyone is well and once again… thanks for following.